Commonly referred to as contesting a Will, a Family Provision Claim is when a family member and/or ‘eligible’ person was unhappy with how assets were dictated to be distributed in a Will.


You can make a family provision claim if you:

  • are an 'eligible person', and

  • have been left out of a will, or

  • did not receive what you thought you were entitled to receive.

A family provision claim must be filed with the court within 12 months of the date of death (where the deceased person died on or after 1 March 2009).

If you need assistance with a Family Provision Claim, please contact our office on (02) 6395 9780 or book an appointment online.